– St. John’s Ukranian Orthodox Church’s Easter Bake Sale is Saturday, April 13th from 11:00AM-1:00PM
1 St. John’s Pkwy, JC, (off Virginia Ave. / Harry L. Dr.)
Variety of homemade baked specialties, gifts, arts & crafts plus serving Hot Lunch day of sale!
Pre-order our Famous Holubtsi, Potato Pirohy, Kolachky, Paska Bread & Rolls…the BEST!
– Hop on over to the Binghamton Zoo at Ross Park for the annual Eggstravaganza on Apr 20 & Apr 21, From 10am till 3pm. This family friendly event will feature an egg hunt, crafts, Easter bunny meet & greets, and more! Guests will start at the ticket booth and make their way around the zoo to find 5 different colored Easter eggs. Children will be able to redeem these eggs for candy and prizes at the end of their visit.
• Members: $6.00 | Non-members: $10.00
• Available at the door
• 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
• $5.00 donation: Use your own camera or phone
• $10:00 donation: Receive a 4×6 printed photo onsite
– Common Threads Quilters Guild is hosting their 2019 Quilt Show. It will be held at
the Broome West Senior Center located at 2801 Wayne St. (off Watson Blvd.),
Endicott, NY on Saturday, April 27 (10-5) and Sunday, April 28 (10-4). Admission is $5.00 per person (under 12 years old free).
It will feature over 100 quilts on exhibit and half the proceeds will benefit Salt Springs
Park Flood Recovery Fund, Montrose, Pa.
Our featured king size quilt this year is “Kaleidoscope of Many Hands,” made by the
members of our guild. The quilt will be raffled off at 4:00pm on Sunday,
April 28th (you need not be present to win). Raffle tickets are available from any
guild member and at the show.
There will be vendors, demonstrations, display of Challenge quilts, baskets and
small quilt raffles.
For more information please visit our guild site –
– Please join us for a benefit for Laurie Bliss, was is battling cancer. Saturday, May 18th, from 4-7pm at St. John’s Memorial Center, 1 St. John’s Parkway, Johnson City. Meal includes ziti, meatballs, salad, bread, dessert, and soda. Tickets are $15 for adults or $20 at the door, children 10 & under $5, with takeout and full cash bar available. There will be a DJ, basket raffles, and 50/50. Come have some great food, and support Laurie on her journey!
Hosted by Sarah Jane Johnson Memorial United Methodist Church,
308 Main Street, Johnson City
– The Southern Tier Lamb to Loom Fiber Guild Promotes fiber arts throughout the Southern Tier ie; spinning, weaving,needle felting and dyeing wool and alpaca as well as knitting, crocheting, quilting and so much more. They also are now doing demos for schools and various organizations. They meet the first Saturday of every month at the Main Street Baptist Church, Chesnut and Main Binghamton from 10-2pm.
– The Phelps Mansion Museum is very excited to introduce their newest program:
They are looking for the next generation of history story tellers.
Are you a student between the age of 13 and 17 who might be interested in?
Museum Careers (educator, curator, exhibit designer, conservator, etc)?
Learning about history of The Phelps Mansion Museum?
Working with young children in creative activities?
Meeting other teens with similar interests?
Enhancing your resume for college and job applications?
If you can answer yes to any of those questions please consider volunteering as a Junior Docent.
Application, teacher recommendation and parent or guardian permission slip along with more information about the program can be found by clicking the link:
If You have a event of community interest .. Email it to us Wecare@1025thevault.com