Hosted by Sarah Jane Johnson Memorial United Methodist Church,
308 Main Street, Johnson City
– The West Colesville Fire Company will be holding its annual Thanksgiving turkey party at the fire station at 1305 Colesville Road, Binghamton on Saturday evening November 17th, 2018. The donation at the door is $5 per person and there will be NO MINORS ALLOWED. Doors will open at 5:30 PM, with the party starting at 6:30PM.
– The Cutler Flea … A curated indoor market of quality antique, vintage collectibles and one of a kind artisan finds. Hosted by The Cutler Flea and Broome County Regional Farmers Market, 840 Upper Front St in Binghamton .. November 18th & December 16th from 9am till 2pm ..
– Do you love to paint? Here is you chance to help revitalize and beautify downtown Johnson City with the 1st Annual Window Wonderland Painting and Art Hanging event being held this November 10th (rain date the 18th). Its free to register and there will be prizes and more including a personalized thank you from the Mayor. This fun event is open to all Broome County students grades 1 – 12. To learn more go to http://mytownagreatplacetolive.com/johnson-city-window-wonderland/
– Join The Town of Union for some family fun on SAT, NOV 10 AT 7 PM .. Family Trivia and Games is a team-trivia-style game for kids to play WITH their parents. It consists of family oriented trivia questions mixed with minute-to win-it type challenges. Each family makes up their own team.
Prizes and refreshments will be provided.
Register now! Space is limited – https://goo.gl/RgVQfB
Play on a team with your kids against other families answering kid-friendly questions and completing some physical challenges.
Doors open at 7:00pm and first question is at 7:15pm.
Location: Recreation Center at Highland Park
Ages: Geared toward ages 6-12 and their parents but siblings are welcome.
Cost: No charge! This is a free event for families!
– Paddle party to benefit Head Start, November 16th at Fire Station 1, 86 Castle Creek Road (Route 11 across from Loews on Upper Front). Preview is at 6:00PM Ation at 6:30PM. $5.00 gets you in and your 1st 4 paddles, with matching chip numbers. There will be a concession also. Alot of your known directors sellers (Vantel Pearls, Pampered Chef, Scentsy, 31, Tupperware and more) will be up for auction at a quarter per paddle. Come out for a fun night and win some nice items too.
– Holiday Bake Sale on Saturday November 17, 11 am – 1 pm @ St John’s Ukrainian Orthodox Church, 1 St. John Parkway, Johnson City (off Virginia Ave / Harry L Drive)
Variety of homemade baked specialties, gifts, arts & crafts plus serving hot lunch day of sale
Pre-order our famous holubtsi, potato pirohy, kolachky, holiday bread & rolls
3 easy ways to order:
- Call 729-1729 to place your order
- Visit www.stjohnuoc.org for on line order forms
- Orders can emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
– A vendor fair to be held at the Owego Fire Company – 87 North Ave in Owego on December 22nd from 10am-2pm
– The Southern Tier Lamb to Loom Fiber Guild Promotes fiber arts throughout the Southern Tier ie; spinning, weaving,needle felting and dyeing wool and alpaca as well as knitting, crocheting, quilting and so much more. They also are now doing demos for schools and various organizations. They meet the first Saturday of every month at the Main Street Baptist Church, Chesnut and Main Binghamton from 10-2pm.
– The Vestal Public Library holds their Open Mic series, every 2nd Tuesday of the month through Oct 9, at 6:30 pm This is an opportunity for musicians and artists of all genres – vocalists and instrumentalists, actors, and even slam poets – to step out to perform for their friends, family, and community. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Information Services at 754-4244.
– The Phelps Mansion Museum is very excited to introduce their newest program:
They are looking for the next generation of history story tellers.
Are you a student between the age of 13 and 17 who might be interested in?
Museum Careers (educator, curator, exhibit designer, conservator, etc)?
Learning about history of The Phelps Mansion Museum?
Working with young children in creative activities?
Meeting other teens with similar interests?
Enhancing your resume for college and job applications?
If you can answer yes to any of those questions please consider volunteering as a Junior Docent.
Application, teacher recommendation and parent or guardian permission slip along with more information about the program can be found by clicking the link:
If You have a event of community interest .. Email it to us Wecare@1025thevault.com